Author Archive | admin
Kids playing ice hockey in City Centre, the largest shopping centre in the Middle East. I suspect they’re not local – two were girls.
LOCATION: Middle East Peninsula; it’s the small thumb beside the Emirates sticking out of Saudia Arabia, with which it has a 60km border.CAPITAL: D*haAREA: 11,437 sq km (about the size of Cork and Kerry combined).COASTLINE: 563km.CLIMATE: Arid; mild, pleasant winters and hot humid summers (up to 50C).TERRAIN: Flat and barren desert; highest point in Q&rayn […]
My favourite road sign in this town. Nuns on the run comes to mind!
Here I am, an Irish journalist based in a country in the Gulf . The idea was to take a break from an over-hectic life in Dublin, where I live and work as a sports columnist with the Evening Herald. Since Muslims are determining world policy at the moment, I thought it might be interesting […]
- Women’s Suffrage Centenary: British Suffragettes Jailed in Dublin February 6, 2018
- We Need To Talk About Marathon-gate November 2, 2017
- Results round-up October 29, 2017
- Aoife Cooke runs 2:46.37 in Amsterdam. Plus results round-up October 16, 2017
- Results catch-up October 12, 2017